Neville Public Museum

The Neville Public Museum started in 1915 by nine members of the Green Bay Art Club that held a one-week exhibit of rare and historically significant objects from the Green Bay and De Pere area in the basement of the local library. The exhibit became so popular that the Club decided a museum is what the community needed and was held in the Assembly Room in the Library and soon filled several more rooms. Finally in 1925 after running out of space in the library a donation of $60,000 was given from a New York couple for the museum to have its own building and would be named the Neville Public Museum as a memorial to Mr. and Mrs. Neville’s work towards civic betterment in Green Bay and was opened to the public on July 23,1927. The museum is dedicated to the collection and preservation of significant objects relevant to Northeast Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.